These Carrot Cookies are incredibly easy to make. Made with organic and natural ingredients they are a must have for a healthier treat.
If you like more crunch to your cookie, bake them for slightly longer than suggested. If you prefer softer or similar to flapjack then only cook for 12 minutes or so.
Flavour can be increased by adding more cinnamon and ginger. These were also a hit with our clients, many baked with children at home due to the simplicity and straightforward recipe.
Ingredients below will make 15 cookies
- 100g rolled oats (Organic)
- 5g ground almond
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (Can add more for increased flavour)
- ½ tsp ground ginger (Can add more for increased flavour)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg (Organic and free-range)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (Grade 1 and organic – I was naughty and added slightly more)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large carrot, grated (organic)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the oats, almonds, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- In another bowl mix the olive oil, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract together until well combined. Stir in the grated carrot.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared tray, leaving room for the cookies to spread while cooking. Flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until firm to touch and golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Client testimonial: “These cookies are so lovely. My favourite is when they are similar to flapjack! They taste so yummy which was surprising due to the lack of sugar. I knew my children would love these so I took the recipe home on my way out. My 8 year old loves to make them and is pleased she can make them on her own. Her younger (4 year old) brother just likes eating them!” – Katie G, DFC client.